Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ridin' In Style

Cycling is my preferred and primary method of transportation. I commute to work on my bike and we try to run as many errands as possible either on foot {with our many strollers} or on our bikes. We have a seat for Milo that I will post about another day, and he loves it.

For me though, the key to making cycling part of your everyday life is to do it simply. I don't wear special clothes to ride {except on those really hot days}, I just throw on my bike shorts under whatever clothes I'm wearing. It's so simple and it means I can arrive at work when I want and leave when I'm ready, I don't have to worry about the bus schedule, which some days is the bane of my existence.

While I was off we decided that I needed a new bike, my previous one being a 10-year old hand me down that LB has now appropriated as his winter bike. I opted for a cruiser with a bit of pep to it, the Trek Allant. It is also way cheaper than my true love, the Electra Gypsy cruiser. I outfitted it with a basket and a cute little polka dot panier that carries like a briefcase and comes with a removable shoulder strap, the Axiom Town and Country shopper. I also decided to leave my cracked and busted helmet at home and try a more streamlined model, the Pryme V8 in black.

All in all, a great way to ride and arrive looking ready to work.




Panier image via, Bike image via, Helmet image via

No comments: