Friday, May 29, 2009

New National

Apparently today's music Friday. Since I am at home most of the day lately and we don't have cable, I spend a ridiculous amount of time listening to our national broadcaster, the CBC. Now I have always been a public radio junkie but this is getting out of hand. Last Friday I was totally rewarded though, with a wonderful half hour interview with the National. {Wonderful comments on the band, and not on Jian Gomeshi. Still on the fence about him, after all this time...}

The National played an unreleased and as of yet untitled song which led to 6 minutes of quiet bliss where Milo and I just sat and listened to the wonderful melancholy melody...

3 comments:

Daphna said...

Still on the fence? I'm firmly in camp "Just Say No to Jian."

Go back and listen to the Chuck D interview again...

tara said...

Jian was sitting in front of us at Joel Plaskett and I was amazed I was still able to see the show past his giant, giant head. Honestly -- that guy's head is enormous.

Tell me you saw the Neko stuff on Q? YouTube it if you haven't. She's so great - he's lame but she more than makes up for it. Her interview is so funny and great.

Stephanie said...

Oh I love The National! Thanks for posting :D