Monday, May 11, 2009

Motherhood has its perks

Although LB had to work on Mothers' Day {it's hard to take the day off when you work at one of the city's busiest brunch spots!}, I managed to have a lovely day with Milo. My dad made my mom and I a pancake breakfast, we did some book shopping {I'm reading a ton while I nurse, I'm going through books at a pretty rapid speed...} and then Laurin and Casey came over to watch Milo while I did a few things around the house and then we went to my in-laws' where the men made dinner for all of the moms, which was lovely.

I didn't get a specific mothers' day gift, rather LB bought me an omnibus gift back in February to cover several years of valentine's gifts not received, the fact that I was having a bebe, and my mothers' day- it's a beautiful classic, and it goes with everything, even yoga pants {I admit to having cracked a couple of times in the past few weeks and worn them in public, against my own style rules - but I'll never wear crocs out of my garden, so we're still cool, right?}

Nothing says I love you quite like Chanel - I'd take one of these over a diamond every single time. That's how I know I married the right man - he gets that.

1 comment:

tara said...

Hey welcome back!!!!!