Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy Pesach

I've been sick for a week now, apologies for the crummy posting. I'm starting to feel human again, and know that a good four-day weekend will leave me feeling top notch. I need to get better, this bebe isn't going to hang around much longer!

We had the first of the two seders last night over at LB's parents' house and it was lovely. So much food, the brisket was incredible, Daphna made her fabulous macaroons, and I managed to make a trifle that was kosher for pesach. Good ol' Martha, always coming through with the good seder desserts! I played with the recipe a bit, but it was still yummy and kosher.

These are the weeks where it's a challenge to be married to someone of a different cultural background - normally I revel in it because I never have to worry about double booking special holidays and dividing time between families, but because of where pesach falls this year, I am doing two nights of family dinners with his family, and then two more nights of dinners with mine. That's a whole lot of sitting and eating, but I shouldn't complain, I know...

Strawberry Lemon Trifle

1 comment:

Liam said...

Liam misses pesach. I can't believe it's been a year since the last one already. What's this about trifle? And Anna didn't make strudels did she? Life isn't fun without the sugar (and the power and the women)....