Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Post-Mortem

We made sure to spend lots of quality time together this weekend, but it never feels like enough. LB works every Sunday so I sometimes end up feeling ripped off that I can't have a whole weekend with him. But then I stop feeling sorry for myself and it's all good... but I do sometimes get sad that he spends his Sundays making brunch for what feels like half the city and I can't have brunch with my husband...

Friday night I rushed home after work and we made a quick dinner of steak and caesar salad, then we headed over to our friends Mia and Arne's house for some poker and catching up. I am not a fan, so I spent the night dealing, and wow did I manage to deal the worst mixes ever - sorry about the bad flops guys!

Saturday morning was spent gorging on french toast with peanut butter and maple syrup - seriously people, you have to try putting pb on your french toast, it's amazing! We then curled up on the couch and read the paper and watched more episodes of Rescue Me before heading out. We walked through the market, did some shopping at Trustfund, ate some delicious dinner and then hit the canal for skating and a beavertail. My first beavertail of the season - what a success! Then home for a good night's sleep.

Sunday morning was spent cleaning frantically to make up for Saturday's r&r, followed by brunch with my parents after which we attempted to go x-country skiing. After all of the melting and freezing we had last week, the trails were better suited for skating than skiing, so this 29-week pregnant gal decided not to take a chance. My mom and I spent most of the day fighting with the curtains for the nursery- the fabric is not being our friend, and then Laurin came over for some girly time and catching up. Sunday night we celebrated my great-uncle's birthday with family and came home just in time to curl up and start another week!

No comments: