Thursday, February 05, 2009

Valentine's Day

I'm not super into Valentine's Day, though I do love getting prezzies any time of year... LB hates anytime that he is forced to buy a gift that expresses his love - he has very strong feelings against valentine's day, and since he's a chef he never wants to eat out on that day either. Over the past 10 years we've done a lot of different things - handmade gifts, no gifts, dinner with friends, romantic dinner at home, nothing at all, and we've never really settled on a tradition.



One thing that we always enjoy doing is walking around the crystal palace in Confederation park and having a nighttime skate on the canal, though this year nighttime skating is a bit dangerous for me- I need to be able to see the cracks on the ice in order to avoid falling.




{image via}

Another suggestion is to order from Thyme and Again's delicious take out menu for the day. I've never ordered a full meal from them, but I've had foods in all of the categories and have never been disappointed. Last year we had crème brulée in a heart-shaped ramekin from there.





This year, I'm not sure what's going on. I told LB that I want a bit of special treatment since I am having his bebe, but other than that I don't have anything specific in mind. I am in love with this ring from Anthro, and I've done my part in hinting, but that's way more than our usual budget of zero, so we'll see.

No comments: