Friday, January 09, 2009

Buga-blergh

I've been trying pretty hard to keep the bebe stuff on this blog to a minimum, but this week I've been doing nothing but bebe stuff so it's been hard to find time to write about other lovely things. The dilemma this week {and last} has been what to do about the stroller situation. I bought a Bugaboo Bee when I first was pregnant {clearance sale, right place, right time} because I loved the shape, size, set up, and have heard nothing but great things about it. However, Ottawa is a very snowy town, and if you are car-less such as we are, then you need to invest in a companion stroller for pushing through the mountains of snow, so we decided that we would invest in a bike trailer/jogger stroller for when things got hairier and the little guy was bigger - no prob, right?

Bee canopy off
Fast forward about three months and it's chrismukkah and I'm still riding the high of all of the candy and good times, and I walk into red chair kids - the most dangerous place in my neighbourhood - and they are having a clearance on the Bugaboo Frog. That was always my first choice stroller, but when I found the Bee I decided to pounce, and then I pounced again. So here we are, on New Year's Day, and I'm panicking about which to keep and which to sell on craigslist, and I'm upset that this is the biggest decision I've had to make as a pre-parent thus far, and so for awhile I'm keeping both, which is ridiculous, I know, but what's a girl to do?

Frog Folded
Long story short, now you know why my mind is in a million places this week - I sold the Bee, I'm keeping the Frog, and I'm going to learn to make it the best stroller possible - anyone had any great experiences or tips for using the Frog?

{I pledge to continue to keep the bebe posts to a minimum, this is an exception, I swear!}

No comments: