Monday, December 08, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

I haven't done one of these in a while, mostly because when you're in your first trimester, weekends consist of riveting events like : "fell asleep on couch three times today. Went to bed at 9pm. Ate a bag of jujubes."

This weekend, however, made up for those quiet times. Friday night I ran home after work, got changed and then headed out to Jen's house for a fabulous evening of Chinese fondue. We laughed and talked all night, and all of a sudden it was 12:30 - waaaay past my bedtime!

Saturday morning was a little slow, as a result. We dawdled, lingered and hung out for a couple of hours and then back on the party train as I headed out to a baby shower for my dear co-worker Marissa. It was a lot of fun, lots of food, and I won two prizes - I never win anything! Mom and I went shopping for a few pieces for dressier maternity wear that I actually like {and believe you me, it's slim pickin's for a stylish mama to be} and then I zipped home for a quick wardrobe change and then out to Daphna and Adam's for a lovely evening of Spanish/Portuguese wine tasting and tapas. The wines smelled fabulous, I can tell you that much, and the food was incredible!

Sunday morning was spent organizing my kitchen cupboards and storage, something that has been plaguing me for ages. Then mum picked me up for some gift shopping, and then off to Kings Creek Trees for an afternoon of family wreath making. There's nothing like making a real, fresh wreath to hang on the door. It smells great and you can personalize it to your style. Then a quick flank steak dinner at mom and dad's, then off to the annual CBC reading of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. This is an annual family tradition, and it just doesn't feel like the holidays without it. We bundled up against the ridiculous -25 degree weather and made it home in time to crash into bed and start all over again...

1 comment:

lusia said...

Hi Friend,Very Nice Post and blog,i like your blog.AND VISIT TO MY BLOG AND DROP ME A COMMENT TOO.PLZ ADD MY BLOG IN YOUR BLOG ROLL.THANKS
http://www.googleadsensesystem.blogspot.com/
http://www.indianstamilmasalas.blogspot.com/
http://www.indianmasalamullu.blogspot