Friday, December 12, 2008

Bathroom Renos

I am of course making a crazy list of everything that I have to do before the bebe arrives, and one is renovate our darn bathroom. The shower is a disaster, and since we're going to be tearing out some of the tiles, we've decided to give the whole place a bit of a facelift. I'm really liking this type of pedestal sink, a little more classic and squared, and actually has a rim for you to rest your toothbrush on, unlike some of the teeny rounded ones.

American Standard - Town Square 27 In. Pedestal Top with 4 In. Centers - 780004.02 - Home Depot Canada

It reminds me of Tina Fey's incredible bathroom in Babymama - Sorry for the pic, it's the only one that shows the whole bathroom - I'm using it as a bit of a style model, but will play wiht it to make it more reflective of the 50s period of our house.

2 comments:

Daphna said...

I'd never noticed before, but shouldn't Amy's feet be over the edge of the sink? Clearly no one really thought through the mechanics of peeing in a (lovely, square) pedestal sink.

La Belette Rouge said...

In Chicago we had a sink in our guest bath that was very much like that one. IT was a Kohler sink. For some reason I found the porcelain on it difficult to clean. Odd, huh?