Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Redux

Before posting this year's resolutions, I thought that I'd review how last year's went over. I like to measure myself against some sort of framework {I know, I know- I'm a total geeky bureaucrat}...
  • Lose 10 pounds by Feb 29, 2008 - did not accomplish, due to pregnancy and miscarriage and pregnancy again...
  • Workout 5 times a week - did consistently until I got pregnant at the end of the summer, when I stopped out of fear of miscarriage {and I know the lit says it's okay, but I'm happy just walking and x-country skiing these days}
  • Wardrobe rescue by February 1, 2008- totally accomplished!
  • Work on my knitting skills - so many half-finished projects! - made progress in this area
  • Finish LB's skully sweater before March 20 - not even close. Knitted maybe two rows.
  • Work on my sewing skills - so many imagined projects! - made progress and am only getting better...
  • Take 1 Spanish class - I need to brush up on my Spanish so that I can travel more - nope
  • Go to London, England to visit Shannon and Liam - done!!!
  • Figure out how to fix my sewing machine so that I can sew at home - done!!!
  • Stick to budget - owning a home has brought about many unexpected costs! - more or less successfully accomplished, I feel far more responsible but also have less fun clothes to show for it - I'm still striving to find that perfect balance...
  • Stick to meal plan - done, but still need help to remind myself to be disciplined, especially lately...
  • Read 20 books - Read over 50, so feeling great about this one!
  • Participate in at least one cultural event per month -batting about .500 here...
  • Be more adaptive at work- made a huge amount of progress, and changing jobs helped...
  • Get out of bed when the alarm goes off- no progress whatsoever, I am TERRIBLE at this

No comments: