Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Nightly Ritual...

Every night before bed, LB reads me a story. We once made it through an entire Philip Roth novel that way, but have since found that essays and articles work much better, as I am likely to be asleep in less than 5 minutes. Lately, we have been making our way through the incredible collection of essays by Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends. My favourite essay so far: "On Daemons and Dust" about Phillip Pullman's Dark Matters Trilogy. We're on one about Cormack McCarthy's The Road right now.

It's the perfect way to end what are usually hectic and chaotic days!

2 comments:

tara said...

Sigh...Marc and I read together too and I always get mocked for it. He has his book, I have mine and we have the one we read together. We take turns reading chapters out loud. I so love it.

La Belette Rouge said...

He-weasel reads to me when I feel really bad. Usually, I am the reader. It is such a sweet ritual that you have.