Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Flat Booties

I have a fundamental aversion to comfortable shoes. It's not that I don't want my feet to be happy and cosy, it's just that I can never find comfortable shoes that suit my style. They're usually preppier than my taste, or for a more mature woman than I. I have defaulted to ballet flats over the past few years, but they are not comfortable for long walks, or at least the ones I buy are not. I've tried them all - Coach, Cole Haan, Geox, Ecco, Clarks, you name it, I've checked them out and they just don't suit my style. They look fabulous on other people, just not one me.

On the weekends I usually wear my classic black Converse All Stars, but those don't cut it for work and don't look great with skirts and dresses.

But then yesterday I decided to check out Aldo. I normally don't shop there, but I was out and about, so decided to stop in and see. They had these cute little flat black leather booties with a substantial rubber sole, and they felt like bliss when I put them on. Sold! They will also be great for our trip to London, they look very Peter Pan with a skirt on...

1 comment:

Canadian in London said...

Flat boots are the only way to go here with all the rain and the excessive walking!
Good news - you should hit up some amazing sales when you get here...