Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Baby it's Getting Cold...

It was officially zero degrees when I woke up this morning, and the walk to the bus was punctuated by frosty lawns and icy windshields. {reason 234 I am glad to not have a car - no more scraping!!!!} It got me thinking about warm coats for fall and winter. Although I already have my winter coat, I couldn't resist these from Jcrew. The puffer is the ultimate attempt to stylize the bulky down coat, and the Greta just gives you that warm pop of colour that you need when it's dark outside and you're leaving for work...

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I MISS the cold. It is going to be 90 degrees here in L.A. I would love to need a jacket. Sadly, my jackets are in a box in storage and may stay there for a long time!

kelly said...

I looooove that J Crew one. *resists tempatation*

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I have a huge, huge weakness for winter coats. Growing up in Sudbury, maybe? Not sure. But even though I have upwards of a dozen winter coats and jackets, I still can't resist.

In fact, this weekend I treated myself to a new cherry-red Simon Chang peacoat with big black buttons. Did I need it? Not a chance. But do I love it? Oh yeah. And sometimes in the dead of a a frosty Canadian winter, when the wind is howling and you're just doing your best not to fall on the ice and break your hip, having a super-cute coat that you love is really all you've got.