Monday, September 08, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

I think that fall is in the air, as I slept like a log in the crisp fall air all weekend - sigh...

Friday after work I headed over to the in-laws' for a lovely dinner with family and friends, and ended up curling up on the couch and actually getting to watch some of my guilty pleasure, What not to Wear...Home to watch the most disappointing movie in a long time, Smart People. What an amalgam of characters stolen from other movies! Dennis Quaid plays a mix of Michael Douglas in Wonderboys and Jeff Daniels in the Squid and the Whale, Ellen Page plays a underdeveloped Tracy Flick-style character, Sarah Jessica Parker plays herself with a Coach purse {yuck!}, Thomas Hayden Church essentially reprises his role in Sideways, and blah, blah, blech. I had no interest in this movie at all.

Saturday morning we braved the pouring rain and headed down for breakfast at Fil's Diner, food shopping, and errands. Got a hair cut, sold a bunch of stuff through online ads, watched some Gilmore Girls, made a big batch of chowdamac, then tried to go out for the evening and ended up back home within an hour, in my pjs eating ice cream on the couch. Just wiped after a summer of constant go go go, methinks...

Sunday morning I cleaned and organised, then met the girls for brunch, followed by an afternoon of walking and window shopping with Steph. A quick visit to Laurin's, then home for the night. LB made me nachos for dinner, we watched more Gilmore Girls, and I managed to make it to bed at a decent time.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

I love the movies that this movie is ripping off. But, Smart People sounds dumb. Thanks for the warning. I will take it off of my Netflix list.