Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Plates of Loveliness

I never registered for china or everyday dishes when I got married. I have a whole whack of everyday plates from IKEA, the white overstock plates that cost $0.75 each. They're great, and you don't have to worry about them at all...I also have two sets of heirloom china, one from LB's granny and one from my grandmother who saved and scrimped to be able to have a full set of china and declare herself a lady.

So, dinnerware is just not something I need, nor is it something that I shop for on a regular basis. I always assumed that one day I would just get fed up and plunk down the money for a set of kate spade dinnerware, and I might still, but Amy Butler's Vintage Botanica collections for Mikasa made me start itching for an excuse to register and get some lovely plates. First seen over at Design*Sponge.

No comments: