Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

Well, I am simultaneously thrilled that it is summer and that means that I get to see all of the people that I miss when the snow is 10 feet deep and I need to hibernate and exhausted by everything and kinda dying for fall to happen.

Friday I actually left work early and went home and slept for what felt like a million years but in reality was only about 5. Then Lb and I got dolled up and went to the Wellington Gastropub for an incredible dinner to celebrate our 10th anniversary since we started dating. Relaxed atmosphere but incredible food and the homemade ice cream is out of this world - sour cherry banana, yum!

Saturday, we did our usual routine -out for breakfast at a diner in the hood, Parkdale market and all of the shops for groceries, and then home where our house got a much overdue deep clean. I cleaned my closet in preparation for fall, and hung up all of my bags on the wall so I could actually see what I own. We then hopped on our bikes and headed over to Martha and Jake's fabulous new home for a lovely summer BBQ.

Sunday was me time. Did a bunch of yardwork, cleaned, organised, even went through the chrismukkah bins and got rid of surplus decorations, planned my outfits for the week, caught up on some sewing, you get the idea... LB came home, we got not so dolled up, and we hopped on our bikes for the Stoneface Dolly's summer party. Good times were had by all, and I had the pleasure of watching my husband to a Jaegerbomb {sp?} for the first time. He was not impressed.

No comments: