Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Weekend Post-Mortem

I haven't done a post-mortem in a couple of weeks, my apologies. This weekend was a long weekend in most of Canada, and the end of my holidays. So I of course had to make the most of it by cramming a ton of stuff in.

Friday night we had Bob and Nicole over for one of those lovely casual dinners that ends abruptly when someone realizes that it's 1am and we have drunk all of the wine! Highlights included red velvet cupcakes and chocolate hazelnut mousse cake from Thyme and Again, delish grilled steak, Margot spying on us from the back door, and the company, of course.

Saturday morning was a little rough, but we got up and welcomed my parents and my aunts and uncles over for lunch. There were 9 of us, and I just kept it nice and light, with orange-flavoured water, chips and salsa, grilled vegetable and chicken fajita salad, and cheddar-jalapeno baguette from Art-is-In bakery. We had a few hours to clean up and take a nap, and then we went to my parents' for dinner with everyone - complete and utter chaos and hilarity. So nice to relax with family.

Sunday morning LB made brunch for us all at Stoneface Dolly's, where everyone got to see him in action. He is very smooth in the kitchen, a totally natural, effortless cook. I then headed to brunch number two at the Standard with Bob, Nicole, Shane, Dan, Kieran and Erin. Lesson learned: Red Bull and champagne makes a terrific cocktail. We then trekked over to the Museum of Civilization for the Red Bull Flugtag. This is a pretty ridiculous and unenvironmentally friendly event, but it's also a lot of fun to watch people try and make their creations fly. Friends of Bob and Nicole's entered their creation, the Spruce Goose. It was fun.
After the show, I biked home and got ready for the evening. We went to Daphna and Adam's for a corn roast, BBQ and swimming. It was a lovely time, and then we hopped on our bikes and met Laurin and Casey for cappuccinos and gelato. Home to bed, and then up early to get ready for Osheaga {separate post to follow}. Laurin and Casey fed us a lovely breakfast before we got on the bus, which kept us going...

No comments: