Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

I'm sick. UGH. It's been building for awhile, methinks, as I spent all of last week exhausted and nauseous...


Friday we spent the evening getting ready for our house guests, dear friends from grad school whom I haven't seen since their wedding almost three years ago. I took two naps and then hit the sack before they even arrived - luckily LB's an excellent host! They were our first real overnight guests in the house, and it was great to see them.


Saturday, I got up and went for a run and then we walked through the neighbourhood, had coffee, and talked non stop in order to get caught up on everything. We browsed the shops, checked out the houses, and then met up with some other friends for brunch. We spent the rest of the day hanging out, laughing our heads off, relaxing, and just catching up. The whole day was in honour of our friend Steph's 30th birthday, which we celebrated on Saturday night. Here's a great picture of us, except I'm apparently already sleeping here...



But in between, LB and I had dinner over at Jen and Shaun's in honour of book club -we discussed Douglas Coupland's Generation X, and it was really interesting to see how diverse opinions can be. They had set up their giant downtown terrace with a gazebo and a dining set, and it was so lovely to be relaxing there, other than the fact that I started to feel like crap. We went back to Steph's to wish everyone a good night, and then headed home.


Sunday was spent on the couch. I watched all of Season 4 of SATC and dozed off and on. I went to bed at 8pm and still couldn't wake up this morning. I am planning on heading home from the office, I need some time to recoup.

No comments: