Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Post-Mortem

My oh my, am I tired! I have to start turning every weekend into a long weekend in order to have a bit of recovery time built in.

Friday night I dashed home and changed, and met Julie for dinner at Benitz Bistro. A few years ago we started a tradition of no longer buying each other birthday gifts, but instead taking each other out for really nice dinners on our respective birthdays. We get to spend time together and try fabulous restaurants. The motto for Benitz is "High quality ingredients, lovingly prepared, elegantly presented" and I couldn't agree more. The kir royales were divine, the scallops on sweet potato puree was delish, and the crème brûlée was the best I've had since my last trip to Paris. We even made friends with the table next to us and ended up having a round on the house with them after our meal!

Saturday I slept in until 10am for the first time in weeks. The day was spent buzzing around the house in preparation for my birthday party! LB threw me a backyard picnic party and it was lovely. So many friends, food, fun and Gen was even there from BC!!! Didn't get to bed until three am, so Sunday morning was tough.

Sunday afternoon was spent at a shower for Gen's little sister M-C (who is like a baby sister to me too) and we ran like crazy all afternoon keeping up with the gaggle of gals...We relaxed afterwards with a nice rosé, and then LB came and swept me home where we crashed into bed oh so very early...sigh, another weekend come and gone.

No comments: