Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tory Burch

Really not sure how I feel about her stuff. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy rocking a nice caftan cover up on the beach as much as the next gal, but I don't necessarily ascribe to her aesthetic for every day wear. I tried on one of her tunics and it just felt so stuffy and upper East-side to me that it didn't gel. Maybe I'm too young? Either way, this article in the Times does an excellent job of dissecting her new Soho store, the brand, and the woman herself.



And ps - Soho just doesn't seem like the right place for her store either, but maybe that's just me...

1 comment:

Sara Christine said...

I saw a mother and daughter wearing matching Tory Burch flats in San Francisco once and sort of wanted to vomit. But I do like some of her simple, crisp designs. I am equally torn!