Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Breakfast Goodies!

This post is dedicated to my favourite meal of the day, breakfast.

LB and I overslept a bit this morning {or 2 hours, no biggie!} so I had to forego my usual slow breakfast and workout and jump in the car and head to the office. I stopped in at Starbucks and got their new " Reduced-Fat Turkey Bacon, Cholesterol-Free Egg, Reduced-Fat White Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich". It's so yummy! And while it still packs a caloric punch, it's at least a good, healthy, filling option with a good mix of protein, carbs and fat.

Also, while perusing this month's Domino {not really sure that I was a big fan}, I came across Katie Lee Joel's recipe for low-fat granola. One of my favourite breakfast foods in the world, but usually so fatty that I avoid it like the plague. I'm going to play with this recipe a bit, but I think that it could become the new go-to breakfast option.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

One of my all time favorite breakfasts, or should I say desserts, is whole fat vanilla yogurt from Happy Cow with granola and blueberries. Soooooo good! I rarely have it as it is the equivalent calorically to a huge slab of cheesecake.