Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

I spent the weekend catching up with friends and family, which was just perfect. Friday night I managed to escape work after a particularly loooong week, and we headed over to my aunt Diane and uncle Terry's for a fun dinner party, complete with BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers, as well as a Rolo cake for my dad's birthday!

Saturday, I had a lovely breakfast and tons of catching up with some girlfriends at the Manx...It was good - not great, but darned good. Then I met up with Laurin for some shopping and turkey cooking. She made us a full turkey dinner on Saturday night, it was delish!!!! We then headed out to the movies to see babymama - we both really enjoyed it- hilarious, not cheesy, and worth the price of admission for sure.

Sunday, I got up and made LB some strong coffee to prepare him for the hordes of people coming to brunch at Stoneface Dolly's on mother's day {turns out the exact number was 300 between 9am and 2pm - yikes!}... I then packed up my bike and headed down to the Landsdowne farmers' market for Daphna's birthday picnic party - YAY! We ate some delish food, hung out in the grass with some great company, and picked up some yummy treats for mothers' day dinner. My parents came over in the afternoon, and we did a bunch of gardening and planted me my very own peony bush in the front yard! Sunday evening we had both families over and spoiled our moms with BBQ ribs, chicken, salads, and blackberry ginger trifle {for the record, I used angel food cake instead of pound cake, and it was just as good}... I fell into bed by 9pm, exhausted, but very content!

...Blackberry and Ginger Trifle

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

Doens't this post actaully have cke in it?
Sounds like a fun and food filled weekend. Blackberry ginger trifle sounds delish.