Friday, May 02, 2008

C is for Cookie

I almost forgot to put this recipe, thank you for the reminder Belette! I found this recipe on the the nest as I was automatically signed up for their emails after I was no longer knot.com material, i.e. a married ol' lady... I have made it a zillion times, and the cookies always turn out moist and chewy.

Joanna's Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup solid pack pumpkin (from the can)
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (this can vary, depending on how much you like chocolate chips)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In one bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix well. Add dry ingredients and pumpkin, alternating between the two, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Cook 7 to10 minutes. Keep checking bottoms, as they cook quickly.

2 comments:

Sara Christine said...

Oh wow, these sound seriously delicious! Anything pumpkin gets my star of approval.

La Belette Rouge said...

Hooray!! I thought for a moment there you were just tormenting with the promise of this pumpkiny good recipe. And, then I remembered you are the sweet and delightful Kaili--and you just wouldn't do that to me. I will be making these cookies this week.
Thank you for sharing.:-)