Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

Oh so tired...what to do? Friday night started with a trip to my lil' bro Liam's Design show {hurrah for Liam - he's finally finished the grind of a degree in Industrial Design!} Here's Liam's pic from the promotional material - we couldn't afford motorcycles growing up, so he had to learn without one...His project was the coolest by far, and his poster actually looked like something that would sell you a product...

Then from there I went and met up with Stephanie and the ladies for a lovely evening of rocking out at Barrymore's to Tokyo Police Club. Then I dragged my tired self home, where LB had decided to start watching the Superbad commentary {hilarious by the way!} so we ate Coconut ice cream and stayed up far too late...

Saturday was a day of productivity around the house. Chores, cleaning, organizing, the backyard, we did it all. Then Saturday night LB and I took Liam to dinner at Stoneface Dolly's, where I had the almond-encrusted chicken in brie sauce {YUM!}, and then we went to Laurin's for kir royales and merriment. From Laurin's, it was to the Dominion Tavern, where things got pretty silly. My mouth kept running into shots of Jagermeister. LB confiscated my cell phone due to my out of control texting...

Sunday, I was feeling a little rough, as you might imagine. But I went for a lovely walk with Daphna in the arboretum, followed by a long nap. I then managed to drag myself out of bed in time to make dessert for the evening's seder. It actually worked out really well, it's delish whether you are keeping kosher for pesach or not...The seder was a lot of fun, my mother in law actually had three kinds of meat on offer - tongue, turkey and her world-famous brisket... We had a lot of fun, made our usual jokes during the seder ceremony, and sang some rousing songs that I know by heart but have no idea what they mean...

1 comment:

Canadian in London said...

woot woot! Go Liam! At least you pretended it was motorbikes rather than the old time bikes. I think that would have been harder to recreate.