Thursday, April 24, 2008

Everyday Glamour

I know that everyone has been blogging about the kate spade soap box derby campaign lately, and you all know what a fan I am of kate's, but what I am more interested in is the concept of everyday glamour. Just looking at this picture, she is wearing a simple dress, a coat, a faaaaabulous headband {anyone know where I can find a headband like that? it's not on the kate site}, and a purse and shoes. That's only 5 pieces {excluding accessories} and it is the same amount of effort as jeans, a hoodie, a tshirt, sneakers and a cap. While I don't usually go to either extreme on the weekends, I'd like to remind myself more often to inject a little bit of everyday glamour into my outfits.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

Chic is simple. But why isn't so simple to be chic? I feel like if I put that outfit together it wouldn't work as well. It would help if the backdrop of my like was styled by Wes Anderson. ;-)