Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dreaming of pink

I've not yet done too much to change the house since we moved in in December, but will get some more work done this spring and share it with you...I am however thinking of a project for the weekend - painting the bathroom pink! I've always wanted a girly boudoir, and this would be the perfect place to have it. The tile is already with with a pinkish-taupe grain in it, and the pink paint would accent the girly sconce that I have hanging over the sink. I love this shade, although my bathroom is much smaller and less romantic, so I shall sigh and keep dreaming in shades of pink...



And since our furniture and style already looks like a Wes Anderson movie, I've always been drawn to the pink of the Tenenbaums' home {my all-time favourite movie!} for inspiration whenever I'm feeling blah or need to remind myself to stay on track and not settle for a piece of furniture that "does the job" rather than one that I lalalalove...


{Image via}

ps- one time, a friend of LB's told me that it said a lot about me that my favourite movie was The Royal Tenenbaums...I took it as a compliment, but I always wondered if it was meant as one.

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Regarding the Royal Tenenbaums', I think that it says you are smart and funny and have exceptionally good taste. Um, but I am biased as this one of my favorite movies of all time.

Sara Christine said...

I have a Margot Tenenbaum costume acquired over many months on ebay and thrift stores. Blonde wig, Lacoste dress, fur coat, black eyeliner. PLEASE someone invite me to a costume party so I can rock it. :)