Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Post Mortem

Sorry for the late post today, the boss is out of town, and that can go one of two ways. Today, it went the bad way... Luckily, my weekend did not.

Friday night was just for us. We hopped into our jammies, ate some pizza, and watched movies. We watched Enchanted, which we actually BOTH liked, and Amelie, inspired by Ali's week of posts {now two - hurrah!}

LB had to work both days this weekend, which was a bit of a downer, but I made the most of it. Did some cleaning around the house, managed to get to the grocery store with my rhubarb "glam cart" {that's what we call it} which was probably one of my favourite gifts of all time {no pics unfortunately...} The most exciting thing about all of that was that it meant that the sidewalks were clear enough to pull a cart full of groceries with me! Then I walked over to Little Italy and met LB for a snack and cappuccino at my favourite cappuccino spot in town, the Pasticceria Gelateria. This was followed by girly time and dinner with Laurin at our favourite burger joint, the Works. We had milkshakes and burgers and dished. After dinner, we headed to Bridgehead, for after dinner coffees and to sit in the lovely candlelit environment created by Earth Hour.

Sunday, I took Siobhan out for her birthday brunch at {where else?} Stoneface Dolly's. We had a lovely time and a great walk in the sunshine. Sunday afternoon was Kelsey's birthday brunch, where everyone outdid themselves with potluck contributions. Then off to my parents' for prime rib dinner. It was incroyable!

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Pizza, Amelie, Enchanted, hamburgers and milkshakes, girly time, all topped off by prime rib! What a lovely and yummy weekend. I think you have made me hungry. You usually just make me want to buy something. ;-)

tara said...

I shouldn't have read this post. Not at all. So hungry now....for foods I can't have....