Friday, March 28, 2008

Sweden!

On Wednesday night, LB and I had the opportunity to attend a fabulous party thrown by the equally fabulous Stuart and Stephanie over at Trustfund. The party was to celebrate the boutique's three great Swedish brands - nudie jeans, Tiger of Sweden, and Tretorn. To get in, you had to say your favourite things about Sweden. I listed more than one: - the clothes, the language, the sensible approach to design and living, the welfare state, etc... Here's the lovely Tretorn display: {I'm so jealous of that hutch!}



The party itself was catered by the Swedish embassy, with the Swedish Ambassador to Canada hanging out in the store all evening, shaking hands, promoting Swedish clothes. The meatballs were incredible, as were the traditional gingerbread-y cookies, and the lingonberry juice cocktails were delish, garnished with, you guessed it, Swedish Berries! Nothing was left unattended, the mood was fabulous, the music great, even LB had a good time {and that's saying a lot, as fashion parties are not his scene}...


This was my attempt to convince LB that we needed to buy a jack spade colour dipped tote. Clearly, he's skeptical...

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

The tote is cute, but it is not as cute as LB! ;-)

tara said...

you should have told me ahead of time -- I could have given you all the names of your fingers in Swedish to really impress the door crew, not to mention the swedish ambassador! My swedish grandpa taught them to me when I was little and I never forgot them!!

Canadian in London said...

swedish eh. Hmmm. I'm not sure about this. I am a bit partial to Tiger of Sweden though.