Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Favourite things: LL Bean Boat and Tote

I've decided to start running a weekly feature on some of my most favourite things in the world. To kick things off, I'm starting with the iconic LL Bean Boat and Tote bag. When I got married, I gave each of my bridesmaids one with their initials monogrammed, and filled it with all kinds of goodies. It is the perfect bag. I use it for the beach, the market, travel, the office, and it always looks appropriate and stylish. And the price- you can't go wrong! I recommend sticking to one of the more classic contrast colours though, like the black, navy or red. It has more staying power that way. And it's never out of style...

Update: In response to Belette's question, I recommend the large size with short (regular) handles. I find it the perfect size, it even fits legal folders for work! I also have mine done with the plain monogram, no serif, no diamond pattern, no italics...

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Which style monogram did you get and which size do you think is the most useful? Inquiring minds want to know.

La Belette Rouge said...

Thanks for clarifying. :-)