Sunday, February 03, 2008

Weekend Post-Mortem: Wheeeding!!!

This was one of the best weekends of my life. I'm exhausted, cranky, and my feet still hurt, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I had the honour of being a bridesmaid in Daphna and Adam's wedding, and my cheeks are still in smiling mode because we had such a blast!

Friday afternoon was filled with manicures, pedicures, dealing with the 20cm of snow that came our way, and then the rehearsal dinner. Adam's parents hosted it at the Courtyard, and pulled out all the stops. If you're EVER there, order the gorgonzola cheesecake wrapped in phyllo pastry- you will not be disappointed! Then we headed back to the hotel for general girlie hijinks, lots of giggling and a late bedtime.

Saturday morning I was up at 6am and the bride was already up! I read the paper, helped troubleshoot a few problems, and then we got ourselves all prettied up for the BIG EVENT.
She looked fabulous, everything was incredible, no detail was overlooked, the very definition of a gracious and glowing bride. Everyone felt like they were the guest of honour at the wedding, that's how welcoming and caring a couple they are. I managed to drag my man out for a few dances, but his mum got there first:

After kicking out the last revellers at about 1:15am, we caught a cab home and crawled into bed to catch some sleep for the big sleigh ride/pancake breakfast this morning! Good times were had by all, and I can assure you that I was never cold. {It is all vintage fur, my friends, not new}

No comments: