Friday, February 08, 2008

Comfort Food: Mom Style

I am unfortunately still at home, which is fun but can be boring. I love working, so it's a catch 22... Last night I decided to make the ultimate snowy day comfort food: baked rigatoni. My mom has been making this for us our entire lives, and it's become my go to dish when I just don't know what to make or don't want to eat what's on the meal plan.

1 box whole wheat pasta, cooked
1 jar low fat no sugar added spaghetti sauce
meat of your choice {optional, cook separately}
mozzarella cheese

It's easy-peasy: Just cook pasta, cook meat {if using}, mix together with pasta sauce and then top with chunks of mozzarella. Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes. I don't presume to dictate how much cheese you use, that's an individual's prerogative.

No comments: