Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Post-Mortem

It was a pretty decent weekend over in our neck of the woods. We started Friday with a trip to Rapt, this great little paper/cards/gifties store on Preston street, where I scored two green glass cake stands for a total of $12! Then we walked over to Aunt Olive's, because I've been feeling as though I'm the only girl in Ottawa who hasn't been there, where FATE struck. If you recall, I lamented losing my mum's cowboy boots that she gave me that she had bought when I was but a wee lass. Somehow, they got given to charity {lesson: never put your repair pile next to your donation pile and then get snarky with your husband to take it all out- because he will.}
and they ended up on sale alongside all of the other fabulous vintage boots on sale at Aunt Olive's. I didn't even care that they were a ridiculous $50, I just NEEDED to have them back. We then headed to Chez Lucien for some great drinks, food and company with Mike and Andrew. We'll miss you Mike, sniff sniff, but we'll come to Edinburgh!!!!

Saturday, I went to Joe, and picked up a few cute springy things, including the great blue and cream skirt below, then treated myself to a coffee and almond croissant at Bridgehead. I then hit this great new furniture store, the White Monkey, with Laurin, and once again almost bought the Starck ghost chair. But I resisted, still not sure why... We painted her dining room, and then after dropping LB off for Adam's bachelor party, we headed to Daphna's for our evening of indentured servitude {also known as wedding prep!} we had a great evening, tons of laughs, great food, and everything looks so great for their wedding my heart almost burst. I'm so happy for them, and I'm even happier to be in their wedding!

Sunday we let the boys sleep in and hit Thyme and Again for coffee and scones. Some light cleaning, and then LB and I hit the canal for our first skate of the season! Dinner with LB's folks, a nice walk home, and an early bedtime rounded everything out nicely...

No comments: