Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Style from A to Zoe


I "read" it recently. Don't waste your money. I'd say don't waste your time, but it only took me 45 minutes and wasn't so painful. Get it from your library. If you are a huge Rachel Zoe fan, then this is not the post for you. I won't even BEGIN to discuss my dislike of the celebrity stylist - the whole thing about being a stylist is being behind the scenes! and the rumours about drugs and starving among "rachel's girls" - but the book has some value. Good lists in terms of setting up the basics of a jewellery box, good wardrobe bones, and vintage shopping. But mostly it is a narcissistic exercise and while I usually love to see how other people organize their clothes and homes {I am, after all, a blogger, non?} this book left me with a "I'm better than you" taste in my mouth, whereas other books in the vein inspire me to try something and reconsider why I do things certain ways. Oh well, potay-to, potah-to...

No comments: