Friday, January 25, 2008

Paris, je t'aime a jamais

I finally watched it last night. I've been living in a hole, apparently. I missed it at the cinema, and keep meaning to rent it, but it hasn't worked out. Continuing our French movie week, we watched it last night and I was smitten. The Coen brothers' tribute was hilarious, the features with Catalina Sandino Moreno and Juliette Binoche broke my heart, the vampire love story made me laugh, and the rest made me miss Paris so much. It's been almost a year since I was last there, and I can't wait to get back!

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

So glad you finally saw it!! I love this movie. You are so right about the Juliette Binoch one. It was so very sad. Ugh! I cried a lot of times in this movie. It is a must see for any lover of France.

tara said...

I so loved this film! so adorable and sad all at the same time. The best line -- In the 'Père-Lachaise' story and Emily Mortimer says "Nothing said in art galleries should ever be taken seriously."

ali said...

I loved it too! Some were heartbreaking and some were funny and some were heartfelt. And all in Paris? What more could you ask for?