Thursday, December 13, 2007

This just in!

I'm gonna be a millionaire, cause I've got a recipe for healthy candy! I was sitting at the breakfast table this morning, looking in my recipe box for ideas. I keep a few handwritten recipes of my grandmother's in there, and I miss her most at this time of year, so I went through them. I guess that I had never looked at this one recipe in particular, that she called Healthy Candies. Here it is:
  • 6 oz chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup corn syrup
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 2 cups granola

Melt chocolate chips, corn syrup and water. When melted, add granola and shape into balls. Refrigerate.

Now I don't know about you, but chocolate and corn syrup are always the first things that I reach for when I'm looking for a nice light snack. I love old recipes! I love my grandma more though.

No comments: