Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jim Bryson

One of the raddest things about the Weakerthans show on Saturday night is that they invited our very own Ottawan Jim Bryson to play with them for the entire tour. If you haven't heard of him, go and check him out- he's a gifted singer-songwriter who gets invited to play with the likes of Danny Michel, Kathleen Edwards, and of course, the Weakerthans. I love his new record, Where the Bungalows Roam, it's just the right mix of lovely and melancholy for my taste... Unfortunately, on Sunday night he was not the opener but rather the 5th Beatle, and was a complete treat to watch. I don't think I've seen many performers who are as expressive as Jim, tucked under his ever-present red trucker hat. I hope that Tara's pics turned out well!

{pic from www.jimbryson.org}

No comments: