Wednesday, November 28, 2007

holiday fun!

I'm battling my inner grinch and focusing on the fact that we'll be sitting in our new living room opening prezzies by the fireplace this chrismukkah season. I like Jordan's advent calendar, it's a great list of things that you can do to keep you in the spirit. I took my inner grinch out for coffee this morning {since we are out of most staples at home, including milk and cereal} and bribed her with an almond croissant to get her back in the spirit.

I revisited my list of holiday plans:
  • Make a wreath from scratch {done! I'll post pics soon!}
  • Make sweet potato latkes {will do on the first night of hannukkah}
  • Have a holiday dinner with friends {next Thurs with one group and Dec 14 with another}
  • Have a peppermint hot chocolate {next Thursday after dinner}
  • Look at the lights downtown {next Thursday}
  • Decorate the tree {once we find the tree}
  • Wrap gifts {all bought, just need to get out my bags}
  • Make beeswax candles
  • Plan holiday movie night {Oh Will Ferrell in Elf, I'll be there soon!}
  • Make marshmallows {going to give it my best shot}
  • Make gingerbread houses {December 23 baby!}
  • Make pistachio-praline bars {Daphna, Laurin and I are planning a day of holiday crafting}
  • Make peppermint bark
  • Make chocolate-dipped peppermint sticks{like these from Williams-Sonoma}

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

My husband got the lights up. We will get a tree this weekend. Other than that....hmmm.
I wish you could be my holiday planner---I envy your festive spunk. I am lacking ho-ho-ho and feel more ho-ho-hum. Once we get the tree up maybe I will find my inner elf. Inspiring post :)

jove said...

christian louboutin
christian shoes
designer shoes
women's shoes
cheap shoes
boots shoes
handbags
designer handbags
-----------------------------------------------
christian heels
christian fashion
christian louboutin high heels
christian louboutin heels shoes
christian louboutin high shoes
christian louboutin high boots
christian boots
christian louboutin peep toe
-----------------------------------------------
christian louboutin black heels
christian louboutin high heel boots
giuseppe zanotti
tory burch shoes
fendi
miu miu
christian dior
alexander-mcqueen dress shoes
christian louboutin leather shoes
miu-miu dance shoes