Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween: Unsettling

Last night, we stayed in and gave out candy. Except that no kids came, so we stayed in and ate candy, if the truth must be told. To lend a creepy and eerie air to the evening, we rented the first disc of the first season of Dexter. Holy crap, was I scared! I can't believe that's regular tv - it's sooo good! It's so well staged, set, acted, I can't say enough good stuff about it. It was my kind of scary - I don't like gore, I like the psychologically scary stuff that gets under your skin and creeps you out, unsettles you. The best movie example I have of this is is Session 9, an under-appreciated little horror flick about a work crew removing asbestos from an abandoned insane asylum. LB and I requested the book upon which it's based from the library before we went to bed. I'll let you know how it is.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

We didn't get many kids either. Only 11. Last year, at our old house, we got nearly 200. As you can imagine I have way too much candy leftover! Session 9 creeped me out. I am a scardy cat when it comes to these kinds of movies.