Monday, November 26, 2007

Confession

I'm not excited about my new house. In fact, I'm kind of dreading it. Not the move, but the upkeep, and the decor, and having to change my life to accommodate the new neighbourhood and so on... I know that you can all provide me with the counterpoints to these points, and I logically know that this is a great house and area, and that it was the fiscally responsible decision, but that doesn't mean that I'm lovin' it. The worst part? Pretending to be excited when people ask about it - they don't want to hear all of my fears and concerns and indifference to Westboro - they want joy! It's not that I'm ungrateful, I appreciate that I have a home {whether owned or rented} I was just not in a hurry to move, so I'm having a big allergic reaction to moving. {I feel like Carrie in that SATC episode when she calls herself a deadbeat bride}

You can all say I told you so next week when I love it and am singing songs of household bliss. Just not this week please. This week, I have red eyes that won't go away, bags under my eyes, and a constant desire to vomit.

No comments: