Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween...

It turns out that I'm not a fan. LB and I were talking about this yesterday - I seem like the kind of person who would live for hallow e'en - the costumes, the candy, the merriment, the opportunity to decorate, etc... But I actually kind of hate it. I enjoyed it when I was a kid, the costumes and trick or treating, but as a teenager and adult, the whole concept of the "Halloween party" never really did it for me. We used to do the Rocky Horror Picture Show every Halloween and that was fun, but even then, I just wore my regular clothes with a sparkly headband or something like that...I'm just counting down the days until November 1, when I can start my chrismukkah and winter plans.

And I'm lucky, since I married someone who shares my Halloween views.

2 comments:

tara said...

wait until you move into your house. Then things will change. You won't want to be outdone by your neighbours and their clever house spook factor and the fun pumpkins. Then before you know it you're in. That's how they get you.

tara said...

wait until you move into your house. Then things will change. You won't want to be outdone by your neighbours and their clever house spook factor and the fun pumpkins. Then before you know it you're in. That's how they get you.