Thursday, August 02, 2007

your challenge, should you choose to accept it...

Alright, if I tell you guys, then I have to stick to it, right? I've decided that it's time for me to challenge myself to do something that I've been wanting to do for a bit. I'm challenging myself to not buy any clothes for this coming fall/winter season. I will report back here often, on how it goes. The only exceptions are socks, underwear, tights and plain tank tops for wearing as undershirts.

I'm trying this for two reasons: 1- we are saving for a house, and my clothes habit is a bit crazy, especially the purses...2- I am trying to consume less in general, and this is a way to remind myself of all the great stuff I already have.

I have made a complete inventory of all of my clothes and accessories, and realized that I have tons of great stuff that I never wear, in part b/c I'm always buying new things and cycling them into my wardrobe. We'll see how this goes - I shop for many reasons - happiness, boredom, sadness, Mondays, Tuesdays, etc...you get the picture. I'll keep you posted.

PS - I've just re read this and I am worried that I sound like a middle class girl having an eco existential crisis of sorts - poor me, I have so much stuff that I have to stop buying. I'm doing this for me, to help me take a deep breath and a step back.

No comments: