Sunday, August 19, 2007

downtown living...

i'm at home working on work stuff this aft (many deadlines looming in a short period of time), but man am I having a good time!!! While I am stuck working, I've been listening to lots of summer favourite cds, highlights include the new Immaculate Machine disc Fables and everyone's summer fave Peter Bjorn and John's Writer's Block and enjoying a lovely snack prepared for me by LB of veggies and dip, cheese and a piece of fresh raisin bread.

But what's most important is that although I am sequestered in the office, I am certainly not alone. We live on one of downtown Ottawa's busiest streets, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the distractions of kids and parents, the guy blaring "teenage wasteland" from his minivan (and I can totally appreciate the ironic juxtaposition of those two things), the people currently going through my recycling for empty bottles (someone in our building must have had a party!), and the clearly inebriated man shouting about how he doesn't need to get a job because he already has one.

Now to finish my work, just in time to get ready for bed and then go to work. Oh well, c'est la vie, non?

Hope that you're all enjoying your Sundays!!!

No comments: