Thursday, April 06, 2006

I found THE BAG!

Now, I don't know if you are like me, but chances are if you're reading a fashion blog and you're not my mom, bags are probably a passion or at least a passing fancy for you. Being a professional working grrrl, I am always on the lookout for the perfect work bag that is not a briefcase, which doesn't exist... Or does it?

Unlike some people, I have no qualms in admitting to a love of bags that is unhealthy, in fact it's kind of my thing. My favourite designer by far is kate spade, but my collection includes LV, Marc Jacobs, Jimmy Choo, Cole Haan, Juicy, LAMB, among others, as well as a host of inexpensive non-designer handbags that are fun, seasonal and most of all affordable...

But I digress. In a fit of "I've had it, the perfect bag does not exist for me!" I went down to Holt Renfrew (unfortunately located in my office tower) and looked at each and every bag, regardless of price. This even meant a long time spent gazing at the Gucci counter. But in the end, the one and only kate spade came through again, with the wellesley large gabry, in a heavy boarskin leather, with gold hardward and long but not too long shoulder straps, and a cute polka dot patterned lining that she started using last spring and i am quite fond of.

This bag is AMAZING! I cannot say enough good things about it- it's classic, big but sleek, and the kind of bag that it I weren't addicted to bags I would be able to carry every day for the next 10 years. I won't, but it's nice to think that I could be that practical woman if I put my mind to it. And this bag might be the one. It went over like mad in Brasilia...more on that later.

Here's the link: http://www.katespade.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2105660&cp=1863844.1863855.2117272&parentPage=family

I got mine in black.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Waah it's out of stock and therefore no pic avail. So glad you found success!